General Description: Primary staff engineer. Mechanical Engineer (ME) that works collaboratively with Electrical Engineering (EE) and other engineering positions/consultants on new product development, test engineering, manufacturing process development/support and quality engineering.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- New product design-ME. Work with EE and other engineering disciplines, as appropriate, to design, develop and sustain products.
- Proposes new or improved products, processes and/or equipment
- Develops sketches and drawings
- Performs modeling and prototyping
- Designs and develops tooling
- Ensures mechanical design meets product definition/requirements
- Product definition and material selection. Writes component specifications
- Understands and incorporates regulatory requirements and standards
- Test engineering. Designs and develops test protocols
- Possesses working knowledge of statistics and DOE
- Develops test fixtures
- Writes test protocols
- Collects and summarizes data into test reports
- Manufacturing and process engineering.
- Leader for DFMA
- Familiarity with a variety of electro-mechanical apparatus
- Troubleshooting skills
- Writes Manufacturing Processes, Inspection Procedures, Test Procedures, including drawings and schematics
- Validation / Verification
- Structured analysis and conclusions
- Writes and performs EQs, IQs, OQs
- Writes/runs test protocols
- Generates documentation: product, process, test/equipment, drawings
- Product Service. Engineering support for root cause analysis and complaint trending.